Review: "Muse of Nightmares" by Laini Taylor



Title: Muse of Nightmares
Author: Laini Taylor
Language: English
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆ 5

Sypnosis:
Sarai has lived and breathed nightmares since she was six years old.

She believed she knew every horror and was beyond surprise.

She was wrong.

In the wake of tragedy, neither Lazlo nor Sarai are who they were before. One a god, the other a ghost, they struggle to grasp the new boundaries of their selves as dark-minded Minya holds them hostage, intent on vengeance against Weep.

Lazlo faces an unthinkable choice—save the woman he loves, or everyone else?—while Sarai feels more helpless than ever. But is she? Sometimes, only the direst need can teach us our own depths, and Sarai, the Muse of Nightmares, has not yet discovered what she's capable of.

As humans and godspawn reel in the aftermath of the citadel's near fall, a new foe shatters their fragile hopes, and the mysteries of the Mesarthim are resurrected: Where did the gods come from, and why? What was done with thousands of children born in the citadel nursery? And most important of all, as forgotten doors are opened and new worlds revealed: Must heroes always slay monsters, or is it possible to save them instead?

Love and hate, revenge and redemption, destruction and salvation all clash in this astonishing and heart-stopping sequel to the New York Times bestseller, Strange the Dreamer.


Review:
Okay, so when I started 'Muse of Nightmares' I really hoped it wasn't going to be boring. 'Strange the Dreamer' was a good book but didn't really convince me. So I didn't have really high expectations...
BUT, it turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read! It has its flaws, like any other book, but for me, those weren't really relevant compared to its strong points.

In the beginning, I had issues with Laini Taylor's writing style (mostly while reading 'Strange the Dreamer'). It was too messy for me, she had a lot of POV changes and time jumps within a few pages. From present to past and back to the future again.

In book two I changed my mind. I started to appreciate Taylor's writing style; how she describes every detail and emotion (I love details ahh). I dunno how to describe the feeling I had while reading haha. Her writing has something dreamy about it that matches perfectly with the book. And the emotions...ahhh the emotions. I really don't know how Laini Taylor does it, but she describes emotions soo good, you really feel them while reading. It's extraordinary. Never read a book in which emotions were so important for the story and were described so well. It gave me shivers. So good!

So yeah, if you've read 'Strange the Dreamer' and don't know if you should continue reading, DO IT! It's worth it!

Kommentare

Beliebt

Rezension: "Die Königin der Flammen" von Anthony Ryan

Rezension: "Der Herr des Turmes" von Anthony Ryan

Rezension: Drachensieg von Naomi Novik